Get to Work!™
The Get To Work!™ Program is a job readiness and retention program for individuals in need of learning and developing employability skills to increase the opportunity for achieving success in the workplace. The curriculum is suitable for youth, as well as adults who may need to refresh their knowledge.
The program includes – but is not limited to – the following:
- Understanding Child Labor Laws (Youth Program)
- Dress Code, Image & Creating Your Brand
- Cover Letters & Résumés
- Interview Skills
- Understanding Your Finances
Participants are provided with a career assessment at the beginning of the course to help highlight the fields/industries they are interested in. We utilize the career assessment results to help the participants gain insight into their potential career choices regarding educational requirements, job duties, and potential salaries.
Each participant will be granted online access to all course information, homework assignments, templates, and quizzes.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have assembled a complete Career Preparation Package to assist them with their job searches and interview preparation, and receive a certificate of completion.
The Get to Work!™ Program also incorporates CTAE/CTE Standards to help participants learn to:
- Communicate effectively through writing, speaking, listening, reading, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate creativity by asking challenging questions and applying innovative procedures and methods.
- Exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills to locate, analyze, and apply information in career planning and employment situations.
- Model work readiness traits required for success in the workplace including integrity, honesty, accountability, punctuality, time management, and respect for diversity.
- Apply the appropriate skill sets to be productive in a changing; technological; diverse workplace to be able to work independently and apply team work skills.
- Present a professional image through appearance, behavior, and language.
Live/in-person workshops are available for schools, shelters, and other organizations. The course will be conducted at the location of the organization.
The length of the program may be adjusted based on the needs of the organization. In general, the course can span over 2 weeks, or be condensed into an 8-hour workshop. Live classes are limited to 25 participants.
If you are interested in hosting the program at your school/organization, please contact our office for more details.
We are proud to announce that our online course is now available! The online course is provided for individuals who are not taking the course as part of school/organization group.
The online course covers the same material as the live course and lasts for 2 weeks. Participants will have access to recorded sessions, online quizzes and homework assignments, and templates.
Ready to find out more?
Contact us today to discuss how we can partner with your school or organization!